It’s cold, but it’s Friday…and that’s all that matters. When we aren’t cooking and baking, or feeding goats and fending off evil roosters, we’re curating new interests and harboring questionable habits for old ones. Here’s a quick look at what we’ve been into this week!
Erin’s Week in Favorites
1. Instead of New Year’s Resolutions, I tend to make Spring Resolutions. This year especially, I’m looking at springtime as an opportunity to grow as a person. I love the website MeYou Health, which has a Daily Challenge emailed to you every morning. Yesterday, I was challenged to not discuss stressful work topics 2 hours before I go to bed…which is hard when you run a business and live with your business partner!
2. I know this has been around for a while, but Humans of New York is actually what sparked this year’s Spring Resolutions. HONY has inspired my resolution, “Engage in conversation with at least one stranger or acquaintance a day.” I find myself averting eye contact when I’m out getting coffee, or asking a coworker how they are and not waiting around for the answer. There are interesting people in the world, and I’d like to meet them.
3. I don’t have as much of an opportunity to spend every day traveling to a new place, but that doesn’t mean I can’t be inspired by someone who can! This vlogger, Fun For Louis, documents his adventures around the world and has a great Carpe Diem attitude that I find infectious.
4. I’ve spent too much time this week in front of a computer screen, custom “building” bicycles…especially for someone who can’t afford one right now. I love the step-through style. One of my goals this spring is to spend more time on my city’s many bike paths.
5. This week I was reminded of how amazing of an experience CouchSurfing was. I received an email this week from a Parisian friend, who includes me in all of her email updates about her first daughter. The real special part about this is that I only met Marie and her partner, Maxime, once, when they hosted a friend and me for a week. They were warm, welcoming, and interesting hosts and they offered us an unforgettable experience.
Jillian’s Week in Favorites
1. Teagan White has the most wonderful illustrations, and my favorites are in her “children” collection. I love the stories that they conjure up in my mind, and the delicate way she portrays woodland creatures.
2. This tasty pick-me-up, “Happy Drink,” has been saving me lately. It is coffee (a mid-day given for me), coconut milk (delicious, healthy for you, fat), and cocoa powder (full of good mood boosters and antioxidants). Cheers!
3. I realized recently while mid-down dog that I do not clean my yoga mat often enough. I spend so much time trying to stave off germs in the winter: how did I miss this crucial area in my life? Luckily a quick search led me to this super simple cleaner that I could make with everything I already had laying around.
4. You know how sometimes you find a song that you can’t stop listening to, humming, or singing loudly in the car? Emmylou, by First Aid Kit (along with the rest of their music), is sweet, folky, nostalgic, with just the right amount of twang to make me happy.
5. Kendie Everyday. I love this girl. I mean, we’ve never met, but I know we’d be fast friends. She funny, a little awkward, and honest. I love her style, and I love that unlike a lot of other style blogs I follow, hers is accessible and applicable to my life.